Thursday, May 19, 2011

Kids and Technology

I've been reading my Selection and Integration of Materials student's "Getting To Know You" discussions and am surprised by the fact that many have not been using computers as much as I would have thought by now. I realized that I have been using either a pc or apple or mac since 1984 daily. I am not sure what I would do without one. I now have a Dell desktop - old but still works and an old mac, and for the present am borrowing a computer from the University's IRTS lab to teach my class this summer. I also have a kindle and Ipad. I find that I can do a lot of my computing on the Ipad so long as it doesn't require a flash player.  I am glad to hear that many of you that don't feel the computer come naturally to you are not afraid to learn from your students. In saying that here is one of my favorite youtube videos:

No comments:

Post a Comment